Grilling with Boboli® Pizza Crusts
Try something new and unique for your next BBQ – or for dining al fresco with the family. Grill your pizza for another outdoor alternative to burgers and hot dogs. And with Boboli® pizza crusts, everyone can customize the pizza for their tastes with their own toppings. Try these pizza grilling tips for a perfectly grilled pizza every time.
We recommend a Boboli® Thin or 100% Whole Wheat Thin Crust for your grilled pizza to ensure the toppings are cooked throughout.
Make sure all the meat on the pizza is cooked before placing the fully prepared pizza on the grill.
Instructions for Grilling:
- Preheat grill for 10–15 minutes on high heat. Please follow any safety tips provided by your grill manufacturer prior to grilling.
- If you have a gas grill, turn off one of the burners. If you use charcoal, push the charcoal to one side.
- Brush a dash of olive oil (or melted butter for desserts) on each side of your Boboli® pizza crust. Place the crust on the side of the grill with the burner turned off or without the charcoal.
- Grill the crust 2–4 minutes per side. Remove from grill. Add toppings, including any precooked meats and vegetables, and return to grill for 8–10 minutes.
- Grill until the cheese is melted and/or the crust is golden. Remove from heat, let cool for 2 minutes, and enjoy!