Effective Date: June 15, 2009
You can review and update Your Personal Information by visiting BBU's "Stay In Touch" website and logging into Your account.
For each visitor to a Site, BBU's web servers automatically recognize information regarding the visitor's domain name (or that of the visitor's access provider). BBU's traffic monitoring software tracks the number of times the Site is hit, how many visitors come to the Site, and which parts of the Site they frequent. BBU does not retain the addresses collected by the program, nor does it disclose them to anyone outside of BBU. BBU's web site logs are not personally identifiable, and BBU makes no attempt to link them with individuals who actually browse the Site.
Regardless of the purpose for which Personal Information is submitted, it is BBU's policy to maintain all Personal Information as confidential and to use such Personal Information only for the following purposes:
- to contact you in response to your inquiries, comments and suggestions;
- to contact you otherwise when necessary;
- for the specific purpose for which it was volunteered (for example, to receive notice from us, etc.);
- to track our visitors' use of the Site for internal market research;
- to improve the Site and the services BBU promotes or provides through the Site;
- to customize the content and/or layout of our Site for each individual visitor;
- to ask for Your participation in brief surveys;
- to complete any purchases or other transactions you may perform at the Site;
- to notify visitors about updates to the Sites or Services;
- to notify You about promotions, special offers, etc., regarding products and services provided by BBU or its affiliates or partners;
- to be provided to BBU affiliates or third parties in connection with the legitimate business purposes of BBU or the Site;
- to be provided to third parties for the legitimate business purposes of those third parties;
- to generate aggregate statistical studies;
- as required by law or regulation, or as requested by government authorities;
- in connection with an acquisition, merger, sale or other transfer of all or substantially all of the business associated with the Site;
- to consider your application for employment at a BBU company; and
- for other legitimate business purposes of BBU or the Site.
We will not, however, disclose Your Personal Information to any BBU affiliate or third party unless you have specifically agreed to such disclosure at the time Your Personal Information was submitted. Unless You have otherwise expressly consented, any information provided to BBU affiliates or third parties will be in an aggregate, anonymous format.
We have reasonable and appropriate security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of all Personal Information under our control. Please be advised, however, that while we strive to protect Your Personal Information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information You disclose or transmit to us online and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction or inadvertent disclosure of your Personal Information.
Collection and Use of Information; Parental Notice/Consent
In accordance with COPPA, BBU does not require a child under the age of 13 to disclose more information than is reasonably necessary to participate in an activity on the Site as a condition of participation.
Prior to collecting any Personal Information from a child that we know, or should reasonably know, is under the age of 13, we will obtain verifiable consent from his/her parent. Once verifiable parental consent from his/her parent has been obtained, that child will be permitted to participate in the applicable activity requiring the submission of his/her Personal Information. If the parent does not wish to permit his/her child to participate, we will not knowingly permit the child to participate in that activity or collect Personal Information from such child.
We may, however, collect a child's name and e-mail address to the extent reasonably necessary to protect the security of the Site, to protect BBU or others against liability, to respond to a child's question on a one-time-only basis, or as otherwise required or permitted by law, without obtaining a parent's consent in each case, as permitted under COPPA. Information collected for these reasons will not be used for any other purpose.
Parents of children under age 13 may review or delete Personal Information about their children from our records at any time. If you would like to review or delete your child's Personal Information, please contact us at email@example.com. When a parent requests deletion of his or her child's information, we will use reasonable efforts to delete as much of the child's information from our database as possible and refrain from collecting any other Personal Information from such child. However, there may be residual information that will remain within our databases that may or may not contain personally identifiable information. This residual information will not be given to any other third party or used for any commercial purpose.
Remember to be smart online. Do not give out your full name, e-mail address, home address, telephone number or any other Personal Information that would enable someone to contact you either online or offline, without first asking your parent for permission.
For California residents only - Your California Privacy Rights:
BBU will not disclose Your Personal Information to BBU affiliates or third parties for direct marketing purposes unless You have agreed to that disclosure. This choice will be provided to You through the Site at the time You are requested to enter Your Personal Information. In addition, you can exercise Your choice of preventing us from disclosing Your Personal Information to any BBU affiliates or third parties by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.